ACE Data Recovery - How to Start a Data Recovery Case
How To Start A Recovery Case
Are you ready to get your data back?
Bring your media to one of our locations or ship it to us by taking these 3 easy steps:
1. Fill out the Data Recovery Work Order form
Type in, print, sign and send it to us with your media. Please provide as much detail as possible, so the results of the diagnostic evaluation are more accurate.
This Credit Card Authorization form is only required for an expedited or complex diagnostic evaluation.
Please use the following instructions for shipping and proper handling of your media:
- Static - make sure your media is placed in anti-static bags before packing. If not available, simply wrap the media in aluminum foil.
- Shock and Vibration - Shock and/or vibration can cause further damage to your media. To insure the media is protected at all times, package the media in a box with at least 2" of padding (i.e. foam, bubble wrap) on ALL 6 SIDES. Please do NOT pack with Styrofoam peanuts. Failures caused by shock and/or vibration account for one third of all HDD failures.
- Laptops - If the hard drive is inside a laptop computer the drive needs to be removed before shipping.
- Please remember to include the Work Order form in the same package with your media.